Chilean universities are committed to specialising in solar energy
- A Doctorate in Solar Energy, a Master’s in Energy Development and professional certificates in Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy are some of the options implemented by various Chilean universities.
Chile is consolidating its position as a major actor in technological advances for the solar energy field and the forecast is even more promising. That is why professionals specialised in the solar industry and renewable energy areas are needed, and some universities are adding postgraduate degrees to their academic offering for 2018 with a solar energy component.
Solar energy academic training in 2018 will be offered through professional certificates, masters, courses, and doctorates to be taught by different Chilean universities, such as Universidad Católica, Universidad de Antofagasta, Universidad Adolfo Ibáñez, and Universidad Técnica Federico Santa María.
Below is a summary of the main universities implementing graduate programs to train professionals to be able to face the many challenges posed by the growth of the solar industry in Chile.
Universidad de Antofagasta
- Doctor of Solar Energy
- Master of Energy Development
Universidad de Concepción
- Doctor of Energy
- Professional Certificate in Energy Efficiency, specializing in Management and Energy Efficiency in Electrical Systems
Universidad Adolfo Ibáñez
- Science Course for leaders of the future
Universidad Católica de Chile
- Master of Sustainable Architecture and Energy
- Master of Energy Engineering
- Doctor of Engineering Sciences
- Professional Certificate in Solar Energy
Universidad de Chile
- Professional Certificate in Renewable Energy
Universidad Federico Santa María
- Master of Energy Economics
Universidad de Santiago
- Professional Certificate in Energy and Sustainable Development
- Professional Certificate in Regulation and Market of Electrical Energy
If you know of any other options for academic training in solar energy, please let us know!